Sunday, January 25, 2015

An Inspiration and The Room That Must Not be Entered

  Thanks to Kelly's daughter Ava, one bedroom looks like this.  Ava recently moved to a new apartment and was able to take the California King.  Now we have one room to inspire us.
  However, next to this bedroom is another which is known as the Room That Must NOT be Entered.  It is locked, the key is not in the door.  The room is full of many boxes that will eventually need to be opened.
  Part of me is glad that we are starting on Kelly's home.  It is far easier to tell someone else to get rid of something.  I don't have the history.  I don't know what piece of furniture was given by a friend or relative, what may have special memories or what can never be replaced because it just isn't made any longer.
  I wonder what will happen when we get to New Mexico and Kelly thinks we can sell this piece of furniture or that piece of artwork.  I do have all the memories of where we bought things or which ones were gifts.  After my first wife died, I gave away things to the people I thought would appreciate them.  Many were things that had associations for Laura, but not for me.  How different will it be when it is an item that has memories for me, but not for Kelly.

No comments: